Chiropractic Rehabilitation for Auto Accident Injuries
Newport News Auto Injury Chiropractor: It is critical that you seek care from our Newport News chiropractor immediately after a car accident as allowing the effects of whiplash to go untreated can induce long-term pain. The severity of the physical effects of a car accident are not always felt immediately. It can take days, weeks or even months for major symptoms to show up, which is why chiropractic care is essential to maintaining the health of a spine that has suffered a trauma.
Common Conditions After an Auto Accident
- Neck pain or lower back pain
- Tingling, numbness or pain in the limbs
- Loss of range of motion
- Dizziness, headaches or blurred vision
- Trouble walking
Chiropractic Care Combined with Hydrotherapy Massage Promotes Healing
Because the effects of whiplash are often delayed, receiving a full spinal analysis and posture screening after an accident is extremely important. It serves as the initial step to formulating a treatment program. Whether it is neck pain, soreness or burning soft tissue pain, chiropractic care can bring your body back to how it used to post-accident. We will work with you to find an effective course of action.
We are proud to be one of the few practices in Newport News that offer hydrotherapy massage to our patients. Hydrotherapy massage works great in conjunction with chiropractic care to help our patients recover from the injuries sustained during an automobile accident.
Treatments for Auto Accident Injuries
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments provide effective pain relief from a wide variety of conditions. We specialize in providing gentle, safe and effective chiropractic care to patients of all ages. Spinal adjustments correct the alignment, motion and function of the vertebral joint.
- Dry HydroTherapy Massage: Massage therapy helps to improve circulation to damaged tissue and accelerate the healing process.
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Custom stretching and exercise programs are devised to strengthen damaged muscle in order to restore proper health.
- Class IV Laser Therapy: Therapeutic laser treatment can help chronic pain and inflammation due to its capability to penetrate the skin and treat soft tissue injuries.
- Acupuncture: Dr. Michael Cook, DC is a board certified acupuncturist in Newport News that helps his patients to overcome mental and physical conditions of car accident injuries using the age old therapy.
- Whole Body Vibration Therapy: Body vibration plate therapy is not a new form of health care. In fact, vibration therapy is backed by over 40 years of research to improve muscle, bone and circulatory health.
Working with Insurance (Auto Accident Rehabilitation is Often Covered with Zero Out of Pocket Expense)
Peninsula Pain and Rehabilitation Center works with many types of insurance, including Medical Payments Coverage. Medical Payments Coverage, also known as Med Pay, is important if you have been in a car accident in Virginia. Med Pay coverage may help pay your or your passengers’ medical expenses if you’re injured in a car accident regardless of who may have caused the accident. Med Pay coverage is used to cover deductibles and copays. Our office can counsel you on how to file a personal injury claim. You can also review our insurance information page for more details.